David Poeppel, Ph.D. is Professor of Pyschology and Neuroal Science at at New York University. Prior to his current position he was Professor of Linguistic and Biology at University of Maryland College Park from 1998 - 2009. He earned his doctoral degree from Massachuset Institute of Technology.
In his lab the experiments investigates the following areas:
• How auditory signals are encoded in the human auditory cortex
• What type of temporal information is extracted from auditory stimuli
• What processes underlie lexical access
• What is the “parts list” for speech perception and word recognition
• What is the functional anatomy of speech perception & language comprehension